Anxiety, fear and the pressure of daily life takes its toll on many and reduces their ability to sleep, work, and think well. When the speed of daily living moves at such a pace that it feels like the world would sooner expel you into the depths of space then it is time step back from the maelstrom of chaos. So, what can you do?
Here are some of the symptoms of a life that is going too fast:
- Rushed, not enough time to do what needs to be done
- Not feeling in control
- Irritation with others who enter your space, consciousness
- Tightness in the stomach
- Numbness to the world and self, lack of feelings
- Disconnection from life
- Life no longer is enjoyable
- Feeling like there is always anxiety or pressure in each day
How much are you investing emotionally by being preoccupied by the events of the day?
When life seems to be overwhelming there are some simple steps that can be taken to restore normalcy. Practice for five minutes twice a day.
1. Write down the things that preoccupies your mind. List them on paper.
2. Breathe out the things that occupy your mind. Slowly release the things that are invading the thoughts in your mind.
3. Bring in thoughts of appreciation, of beauty, of peace. Sustain these thoughts.
4. Share your positive feelings with others.