— “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” Anne Frank
“The blizzard of the world has crossed the threshold and it has overturned the order of the soul.” Leonard Cohen
In Parker J. Palmer’s book “A Hidden Wholeness” he writes about living a divided life. Living a life that lacks true integrity is something most people have to deal with, either openly or privately. Parker suggests these factors as things that divide our lives.
1. We refuse to invest ourselves in our work.
2. We make a living at jobs that violate our basic principles.
3. We remain in settings that kill our spirit.
4. We harbor secrets to achieve personal gain.
5. We hide our beliefs from those who disagree with us.
6. We hide our true identities beyond a mask.
Are you living a whole life?