“So many fail because they don’t get started — they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.” W. Clement Stone
What are your top 10 excuses? Yes, those pesky things that explain away all the reasons why something could have been done.
1. It was too hard.
2. It wasn’t the right time.
3. I was feeling well enough.
4. I overslept. (the alarm didn’t go off)
5. I couldn’t find the keys to the car
6. There was too much traffic
The list is much longer than that.
What is your list of favorite excuses? What is the excuse you’ve heard?
Why do excuses matter in the first place? What reason do excuses serve?
“Nunc coepi” or “Now I begin” suggests a life that isn’t littered with excuses. Nunc coepi suggests a life where you take 100% responsibility for everything in your life. It starts with an attitude that I am responsible and not circumstances or any other reason why you couldn’t.
Everyday is a new day to start over and start with a fresh outlook on life. Who will be in charge today, the excuse or the powerful you? If the alarm didn’t go off admit that you didn’t set it properly. For almost every reason what something “can’t” happen there is a reason that it could happen.
Identify the critical things in your life. What is being left up to chance? Does the alarm clock have a battery in case the power goes off? Is the battery charged? There are simple things to do in most cases to avoid having simple things cause big problems.
Jeff Olson the author of “The Slight Edge” says the secret to success begins with your philosophy. It doesn’t take a lot, it just takes a little each day to reshape the results you are getting. It takes practice to get better.
“Nunc coepi”, Now I begin. Begin to take charge of your world. Keep the little excuses from becoming big excuses. Take small steps to increase your success in life and begin today.
What will you start doing:
1. Will you start eating a healthy diet?
2. Will you start exercising?
3. Will you start balancing your life so that you have the time to do the things that hold the most value?
4. Will you start improving yourself?
5. Will you start saving money?
6. Will you start restoring and improving relationships?
7. Will you start being more of who you are?
What will you start today? When will you begin?
“Nunc coepi” … what is your “Nunc coepi”?
“The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.’ Anais Nin