There are many ways to fail as there are many ways to succeed. Knowing how to succeed has been a challenge for many people. How do I achieve success? One of the ways is to understand what leads to the undesired results.
Here are six ways to fail. Add your own.
1. Sleep in. Don’t take an interest in making a contribution.
2. Stop learning. The world is changing quickly, failure to keep pace will lead to fewer opportunities.
3. Be self focused. Focus on you and you alone. Without strong networks of people you become invisible.
4. Take rather than give. Giving of your time and talents without the intention of getting a “reward” can result in good things happening for you.
5. Don’t take a risk. Risk is necessary for growth. Learn from taking a chance, learn from trying something new.
6. Focus on the past. By looking back to the past and only thinking about what was is a good way to stay in the past. Put effort into “Now” and plan for the future. In fact think about where you want to be in 20 years.
Here’s some thoughts from a recent TEDx talk. How are you living?